WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tonight 4-19

Go down

tonight 4-19 Empty tonight 4-19

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:34 pm

anyone gonna be out? ive gotten the software working and gonna load the base tune, so i might do some cruising to see what i cant get to work on with the car

Back to top Go down

tonight 4-19 Empty Re: tonight 4-19

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:04 pm

I was originally planning on going out for a while, but it is suppose to rain and I have to be at the ER tonight so I don't think I'm gonna head out there. Now are you doing the tuning on a laptop and loading it onto a handheld or how are you going about the tuning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:08 pm

yea im doing the tuning through my laptop and then hooking into the xcal 2 and loading the tunes through it... its badass cause its so easy to adjust everything once you understand what your doing, which i dont yet

ive been looking at all the tables all day and just trying to understand what they are for and how they work to adjust for everything to dial it in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:12 pm

wy3134 wrote:yea im doing the tuning through my laptop and then hooking into the xcal 2 and loading the tunes through it... its badass cause its so easy to adjust everything once you understand what your doing, which i dont yet

ive been looking at all the tables all day and just trying to understand what they are for and how they work to adjust for everything to dial it in

Well sounds like you have a fun task ahead of you. Are you even going to bother taking it to a dyno then, since you already have the gauge reading your a/f?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 pm

TMI

Last edited by wy3134 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:22 pm

That Performance Driven shop I mentioned before they do sct but I guess they use a facility that is next to them, and I have been told that is also where JR from Full Throttle takes cars that he tunes. So you may be able to go over to that place since he allows others to come in and use his machine. I doubt places like Mueller or AutoSpec will let you. Nosnhoj Enterprises over inn Greenwood is also suppose to have the sct stuff and I know sct highly recommends them, so that could be another place to check out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:23 pm

i will never do business with Nosnhoj, i stopped by there a couple weeks ago to order my sct software and they took my number down but didnt act like they cared to have my business. worked out though cause MPH gave me this base tune included with the software

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:27 pm

wy3134 wrote:i will never do business with Nosnhoj, i stopped by there a couple weeks ago to order my sct software and they took my number down but didnt act like they cared to have my business. worked out though cause MPH gave me this base tune included with the software

That sucks. Although I can kind of see why a place that tunes could have an attitude like that, they could lose out of a descent amount of money. Especially if you got good enough at the software and started selling base tunes to people in the area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:30 pm

that is a good point, but regardless if they are a certified SCT dealer, they should be willing to sell that product to anyone regardless if they are tuning there or not, especially since all the SCT software has to be ordered from SCT themselves, outside the xcals and livelinks. the dealers dont carry that specifically, which probably is why they didnt care for the business, didnt wanna take the time to get off the stool to make the quick order... oh well im not bent on it, just upset me a local dealer didnt want local business from a new customer. i had heard good things about them till my experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:21 pm

man if you go out tonight watch out, cops are all over 31, tons of state boys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:54 pm

i wont be doing much cruising, just to see where im at a/f wise, just starting to learn some stuff on tuning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Well, did anyone get together last night? If you did, sorry we didn't make it out:(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:42 pm

i cruised for about 10 mins just to see how rough the base tune was, then parked it and went to a party

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:50 pm

How's the tuning coming along?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:07 pm

TMI

Last edited by wy3134 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:25 pm

So I'm guessing Wade's Custom Tuning isn't going to be up and running anytime soon! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:28 pm

TMI

Last edited by wy3134 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:45 pm

wy3134 wrote:i cruised for about 10 mins just to see how rough the base tune was, then parked it and went to a party

o.... was this a holiday party? haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down