WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!!

+2
D
Krutch21
6 posters

Go down

Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!! Empty Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:28 pm

This Thursday the 24th at 4:30pm is the next City Council meeting regarding the noise ordiance on Clarksville Speedway.. I'm asking everyone that can be at the meeting to come and support the Clarksville Speedway!!

What we need to do to show support is to have as many signs made as possible with the following slogans..

"Save Clarksville Speedway"

"Clarksville Speedway
45 Years Of Racing
And Counting"

"Councilman Allen - NO
Clarksville Speedway - YES"

"Clarksville Speedway
Home Of Professional
Racing Events"

For those that can attend the meeting, we need to start a walking campaign at 4:00pm with the slogan signs in hand around City Hall at Public Square. 1 Public Square on Main Street.

Back to top Go down

Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!! Empty Re: Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:50 am

Im going to do my best to get off work early to attend.

Back to top Go down

Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!! Empty Re: Thursday 24th City Council Meeting!!!

Post by Krutch21 Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 pm

I should be able, i have the day off from staff duty. I'm also goin to call as many as I can from the phone list to come out too.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Sorry i cant make it.. .
Hope things turn out for the best.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:00 pm

ARE THEY GOING TO LET ANY OF US SPEAK? IF SO I MAY TRY TO MAKE IT OUT. CANT PROMISE ANYTHING DUE TO WORK AND KID SCHEDULES. IF I MAKE IT OUT I WILL TRY TO SHOW UP IN UNIFORM AND HAVE A PRESENTATION TOGETHER WITH SOME STATS ON THE NEGATIVE IMPACT CLOSING THE TRACK WOULD HAVE ON US. ESPECIALLY THE YOUNGER ONES. I WILL TRY TO BRING OUT SOME POINTS OF THE NEED OF A LEGAL SAFELY CONTROLLED ENVIROMENT FOR PEOPLE TO COME AND PLAY WITH THERE RIDES. TRUST ME IF THEY DONT DO IT THERE THEY WILL DO IT SOMEWHERE AND THEN IM GOING TO PICK THEM UP IN THE AMBULANCE. THE THING IS HERE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER THE RACE TRACK HAS NEVER MOVED, BUT I HAVE SEEN THE NEW HOUSES AND NEIGHBORHOOD MOVE IN AROUND THE RACE TRACK. EVERYONE THAT LIVES IN THAT AREA KNEW WHAT THEY WHERE GETTING WHEN THEY CLOSED ON THEIR PROPERTY. SORRY IM ON A SOAP BOX.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IMPUT HERE POST IT UP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 pm

staggered94cobra wrote:ARE THEY GOING TO LET ANY OF US SPEAK?
Right now it's the track owners and councilman who are scheduled to speak, but the floor may be opened to public comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Good luck guys and gals. Keep fighting! goodone
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:42 pm

this really sucks i want to go but i have to be in nashville at 5 pm for a MRI on my knee but i will be there in spirit.
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by 393Bird Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:53 pm

The Drag Strip was built starting in 1963, and the grand opening was on the 4th of July Weekend 1964. I use to race with Pappy Greenfield, and his company, Greenfield Trucking did all of the site preparation. I drove a water tanker truck with a sprayer for him while they were doing the final prep for black topping it.

Back then, there were only 2-3 old farm houses on that road, that have long been torn down. Anything in that area now, was built after the track.
393Bird
393Bird
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 128

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:44 pm

The thing is, the track was there first, and the home owners still bought the houses. If they dont like it, they should move. Ive been going out to that track for 28 yrs. This isnt the first time its happened, Tommy owned it and they couldnt shut him down.

Back to top Go down

Post by larryswife0509 Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Ok so how did the city counsil meeting go last night???? When are they going to decide on what to do. we would of been there but had to go to nastyville to get Larry's mri done. So I am curious on what went on yesterday
larryswife0509
larryswife0509
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 96
My Name: : Meagan white
My Ride/Rides: : my husbands 01 gt and a 2004 pontiac vibe
Mods: : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:16 pm

larryswife0509 wrote:Ok so how did the city counsil meeting go last night???? When are they going to decide on what to do. we would of been there but had to go to nastyville to get Larry's mri done. So I am curious on what went on yesterday
Really not a lot.. The vote for the noise ordiance will be Thursday Oct 1st. This will be the meeting that the city council votes on the noise ordiance bill... I'll post up more details as to the time and what we need to do..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Good luck I want to unleash the Roush on that track again (once I get back) I miss that place so bad. I would hate to have to drive all the way to Nashville or Bolling green every time I wanted to open her up. Especially now with the 4:10s intalled

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Sorry i didnt get to make it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down