WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

93 mustang....does anybody....

3 posters

Go down

93 mustang....does anybody.... Empty 93 mustang....does anybody....

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:21 pm

my head lights don't work on my 93. i did some research and had to rewire and add a relay to the fog light wiring. running the fog lights and headlights at the same time was the problem, ford used 2 gauges too small of wire and could not handle the current, got to hot and blew my switch. anyways i'm looking for a turn signal switch, ford wants over 300 dollars for one, and the cheapest one i can find is from auto zone for 130. any ideas?

Back to top Go down

93 mustang....does anybody.... Empty Re: 93 mustang....does anybody....

Post by BraMas Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:02 pm

I see you live in Hudsonville? If so I was at LKQ in Holland last week and there was 2 90's Mustangs in the yard. Not sure what was left on the Steering Column but I Would start there. If you can't make it to LKQ let me know and I can go see what is good on the cars
On a side note we will have to meet up if you go to any of the events and cruise over together
Tim
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanyajo Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:31 am

Steve, Ebay motors has a turn signal switch for $40.75 here's a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turn-Signal-%26-Lever-Switch-Ford-Taurus-1993-1994-1995**_W0QQitemZ230372945748QQcmdZViewItem

otherwise I'm fairly confident that a Ford Taurus, or other Fords have that same switch, you might want to check out the junk yards. Just make sure when you do its not already melted on the inside like yours is.
(if that link wont work, i just did a google shopping search for turn signal switch 93 ford)
Tanyajo
Tanyajo
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 48
Humor : Glitter is the herpes of art supplies
My Name: : Tanya Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : 1987, Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Mods: : BBK Cold Air Intake
21/2in H-pipe with Flowmaster
MSD Disturber
Morsso Blue Max Wires
Headman Hedders (Shorty)
Custom Audio System
Sony head unit
5 Polk speakers plus Sub.
Under body and interior blue neon's (Contrary to all belief that doesn’t make it a “ricer” it still has a Detroit Iron V8)

Most work done to the car has been paint and cosmetic repairs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 am

I'm sure some of you know more about this than myself, but if this is the same problem they had in the 94-95 mustangs then i definitely recommend spending the extra money and getting the new one... I replaced mine (in my 95) with a junk yard one and it lasted about 2 weeks... i then went to the dealer and bought the correct one and Ford actually fixed their mistake, the new wires were probably 3X the size of the stock ones... It was a little tough to get the new bigger wires back into the dash that was made for those little ones but we got it....

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down