WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! Empty IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 pm

got the motor and everything back in the car and running today!!!!!!

gonna do some drive around testing on the dyno and a bunch of datalogging over the next 2 weeks to prepare for the dyno tune. boy it sure feels good to have it running again after so mush time and work has been put into this thing!

i have to give a huge thanks to those who helped me and kept my spirits up thru this troubled build.

tpsperformance.com for all their expertise, knowledge, and love for the mustang in general and the constant upgrading, experimentation and perfection of what each individual wants out of their car. i have never seen a dedication like these guys have to get each car to it's fullest at any cost. hats off to Benjy and Wes!!!

also a huge thanks goes out to kezell and hank for all the help on this.

i owe you guys, let me know if you need anything!

pics and video coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! Empty Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Post by blackstang1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:28 am

thats good stuff... now you can bring her out for the next meet and we can drool...lol
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 580
Humor : when life gives you lemons.. dont make lemonade.. Throw them at someone.. Its funny and it makes you feel better.
My Name: : TONY
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 MUSTANG GT
Mods: : A FEW...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:04 am

I don't believe it, bring it by the house and we'll shoot a video to prove it to the world. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Sounds clean. I finally heard Tron's car thursday, a G8 shouldn't sound like an old SS, it was pretty mean lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:27 am

the pushrod motor is gonna always hit harder than the mod motors. especially with all that extra lift and duration. but it isn't gonna be hitting that hard on the street if you know what i mean!!!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:10 pm

If only my water/meth could get here sooner!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:06 pm

so at 5-6 psi with a fat a/f of 10.4 with minimal timing i spun these 15'' et streets in 2nd gear like they were nitto's. lol i think it has definite 12.50's in it! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

What kind of intake is that in your sig? HBS?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:35 pm

I just want to get mine in the 13.00's lol

One of these days I'll get it in the low 11's high 10's hopefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Start with a higher number of cylinders or be prepared to spend $$$. I feel bad for 6er guys. Everything is way more expensive.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 pm

edelbrock victor jr efi with a sheetmetal intake elbow from Aron @ 6061.com
intake is port matched to the stage 3 mmr heads. stage 3 turbo cams from mmr as well all on a 5.0 stroker 950 with arp everything. return fuel system with dual walbro 392's. one to each rail just to be safe! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 pm

1CRZHRS wrote:edelbrock victor jr efi with a sheetmetal intake elbow from Aron @ 6061.com
intake is port matched to the stage 3 mmr heads. stage 3 turbo cams from mmr as well all on a 5.0 stroker 950 with arp everything. return fuel system with dual walbro 392's. one to each rail just to be safe! lol

I've got the same intake, I didn't know anyone else had it on the site.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Sxynerd wrote:Start with a higher number of cylinders or be prepared to spend $$$. I feel bad for 6er guys. Everything is way more expensive.

Not at all, in fact, you couldn't be further from the the truth. They're no more expensive than the v8 stuff and sometimes cheaper, we just have fewer companies provideing the parts is all. The similarities between the 3.8 and the 5.0/5.8 are rediculous, our stroker packages use 351/408 rods, they aren't that expensive. A fully forged rotating assembly that will hold 900hp is only $1700. For cams, I only need 1, where the 4 valve guys need 4 and the 2 valve guys need 2. I also only need 3/4's of the rocker, lifters, pushrods, and springs as the 5.0/5.8 guys. A 3.8 has MUCH greater structural integrity than a 5.0.

To say you can't fast with a 6 without spending a ton money is rediculous. I figured my budget and for my twins, forged long block, stage 3 heads, t-56 swap, rear end build, and cage, it's gonna run me about $10-12k to make sure I do it all correctly and safely. That will net me an EASY RELIABLE 650hp for "street" driving with the capability of holding a little over 850Rwhp before the the tranny would need some more upgrades.

Go ahead and price out a similar package for a GT, you'll spend around the same, if not more. Then deduct the price difference between the two cars in stock form and you'll see that the 6 is a very viable option. It's also nice to weigh about 400lbs less than a GT off the showroom floor as well.

A good friend of mine is over the 10k mark already with his MMR block, trickflow heads, 2.8KB, T-56 swap, and all the other little things, and he doesn't even have a cage.

With my car, people tend to think I have TONS of money in performance, but really, most of it is in all the little things that people don't think about, paint, wheels, tires, interior stuff, bolt-ons, the things that make any project expensive. Really it's a just a bolt-on modified 3.8 with a supercharger, and it's fun as hell, and engine wise, there's only maybe a few grand I've spent including the aluminum flywheel and driveshaft. I think my engine has maybe 10 things done to it, and other than the supercharger and some porting, it's just basic stuff. I've spent less money on performance than the cost difference, at the time I purchased it, for a GT, and it's faster than a GT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 am

There's a lot of thought into your post, lol. Par for the course since you own a 6er, I guess. I've priced out parts for building V6's and they are more expensive. The initial cost of the vehicle doesn't matter since you can buy either in what ever condition to support the price. 300rw isn't that hard, it's the higher numbers that I'm referring to. You wont get to my level or above without dropping some serious jack and have it be reliable.

There's two distinct sounds I like when it comes to autos. The deep rumble of low rpm V8's and High Rev v6's. IDC what car people drive so don't think I'm looking down on you for owning a 6.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:20 am

we can see if it's faster than a gt!!!!!!! especially since you bootlegging my thread. in all honesty i don't see that thing making 650 or even close to it. what'd it dyno when you went? how much boost?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 am

1CRZHRS wrote:we can see if it's faster than a gt!!!!!!! especially since you bootlegging my thread. in all honesty i don't see that thing making 650 or even close to it. what'd it dyno when you went? how much boost?

Do you have any videos of your car? Did you build it all at once or do it piece by piece. I wish I would have been able to get a before and after dyno of my Edel intake. I think it is the most direct flow intake ever made for the 4.6. IDK why so many people are afraid of going with it.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm

1CRZHRS wrote:we can see if it's faster than a gt!!!!!!! especially since you bootlegging my thread. in all honesty i don't see that thing making 650 or even close to it. what'd it dyno when you went? how much boost?

Hell yeah I'm gonna jack your thread! lol

I'll never make 650 on my current setup, but stroker and twins, no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm

Sxynerd wrote:
Do you have any videos of your car? Did you build it all at once or do it piece by piece. I wish I would have been able to get a before and after dyno of my Edel intake. I think it is the most direct flow intake ever made for the 4.6. IDK why so many people are afraid of going with it.

built everything in the car for a true beating over the last year. then in the last 4 months went retarded and did the entire drivetrain and fuel system. lol

no vids yet, but coming soon i can promise you that! will be doing the dyno next week sometime.

this intake was a no brainer to me once i looked at it and saw the price. then i had it ported on top of that just for shits and giggles. thing has much more volume than the others, unless you get the logan or riechard racing. but those cost 5x as much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Let me know when you get it on the dyno and I'll bring the video camera on over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm

no time soon. just broke the transmission............... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:47 pm

That sucks bro. Sorry... That's why I'm selling my car, lol.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 am

Yeah I just read the thread on Shocker. That blows. Any chance for warranty????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 pm

it'll be fixed and ready on tuesday. and will have a lifetime warranty on it now! don't buy from sutton hp, i got shafted big time. trans was rebuilt and upgraded for 850 rwhp, just looked at all the damage and that was a load of poop! and it wasn't built properly, parts missing etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 pm

I love it when stuff like that happens Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next