WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So i'm searching for my next car and....

5 posters

Go down

So i'm searching for my next car and.... Empty So i'm searching for my next car and....

Post by Wolvee Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 am

Up pops Tims car on some random car site....
omg

So i'm searching for my next car and.... Tim
So i'm searching for my next car and.... Tim2

To be clear, the search was ["Mustang" +1971] not, [ "Mustang" +hot +gay +sex +slave +car ] rofl

yes, i'm getting a big body 71-73. No I don't know when; just that it's my next project.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

So i'm searching for my next car and.... Empty Re: So i'm searching for my next car and....

Post by BraMas Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:12 am

What can I say I'm famous! It's probably due to Facebook selling any pictures you have posted on there site?
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

So i'm searching for my next car and.... Empty Re: So i'm searching for my next car and....

Post by Danstang Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:45 am

Hey Mike, there is a 71-73 big body for sale by Tim's. Not sure what they want though, Tim said it has been there a while.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Is it a fastback?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:21 am

I'll take a pic next time I'm over by it and send it to you
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:37 am

BraMas wrote:I'll take a pic next time I'm over by it and send it to you

Thanks Bud...
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 am

Yeah, it's a fast back (or a.k.a. solar panel).
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:50 pm

There is a blue one, non fastback for sale in Swartz Creek, has been for a while. Has ugly gold rims, blue paint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:54 pm

I've already had a 71 coupe. NEVER again, lol. I built that car to the sky and still every time I went to a car show I'd have some jack ass say how ugly the 71-73 coupes are. I don't mind the average dislike for the big bodies but not the hate for the coupes. I also couldn't count how many times I was asked if it was an AMC Javelin, lol.

I've done some photoshopping of a few years of fastbacks and I've decided that I can build any year fastback to the way I want but the older it gets the more expensive it gets.

The longer I wait, the more $$ I'll have but I'm going to wait for the perfect deal. My only real requirements are it's got to have workable rear quarters and if it's just a roller the body needs to be 75% or better. (I don't care about chrome because there will be very little of it when I'm done.)
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I'n my opinion the 71/73 Coupes are uglier than a Mustang II
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm

BraMas wrote:I'n my opinion the 71/73 Coupes are uglier than a Mustang II

Well, Poo on you! You have to like what I like, it's "like" a rule on the internet or somthin....
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Bringing out the inner redneck...

This is what I like....
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:57 am

Just an update, I can't find squat... Every mustang owner thinks they own a gold mine or owns scrap that they are trying to pass off as a car. I've driven close to 500 miles in the last week to look at cars that people "Swear on their mothers grace" is a great driveable project.

Blasphemy I know but I've broadened my search to any 65-73 fastback and ChevyII's and Novas. At this point it's whatever I find first is what I'll decide on.

Jess is pretty irritated that I might not get a mustang but I can't imagine paying 8 grand for a car that I have to tow home and replace every fender and quarter. What do you guys think?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

you know what you really want. so keep lookimg for it and you'll find it.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Older trucks can still be found. You can blame those A holes over at Barret Jackson for ruining the Muscle Market for us Middle class people.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 pm

BraMas wrote:Older trucks can still be found. You can blame those A holes over at Barret Jackson for ruining the Muscle Market for us Middle class people.

Isn't that the truth! Coincidentally, I just talked to a shop up here in BC, the guy has a 70Mach that he'll hang 2 new quarters on and make a rolling chassis for 5k. I'm going to go back later this week to talk about it and maybe some other options. He's got a metal finished 32 ford truck w/ engine for 7k. I walked into his shop and about fell on the floor it was so awesome.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Torinos are going for good prices lately, Mike. If it is any indication of the market, I know someone who went to the Kruse classic car auction in Auburn, IN. and he said that cars were not getting even close to what they were 2 years ago (or even last year). I hate what Barrett Jackson has done to the collector industry. Those guys inflated the price of classics (to help boost their TV ratings I think) and suckered most of those people who have too much money to know any better for what they were paying for. Now everyone thinks they've got a "Barrett Jackson quality" car. I hope the prices get reasonable again someday.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 pm

mrvids wrote:There is a blue one, non fastback for sale in Swartz Creek, has been for a while. Has ugly gold rims, blue paint.
http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/1380260593.html

Here is it, just went up on Criagslist today...kinda pricey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks but I've already built a grande. I'm looking for a fastback. Like this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwELiTohtWY

So i'm searching for my next car and.... 71%20MUSTANG%20MACH%201%20018
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by GearedRed6 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 pm

then get a mach 1 , they are pretty sweet
GearedRed6
GearedRed6
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 330
Humor : Red by day, Orange by night!
My Name: : George
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 4.2 V6 Mustang Red
Mods: : H/C/I and full bolt ons sitting on 315s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down