WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours

+3
larryswife0509
tarafied1
Krutch21
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours Empty City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours

Post by Krutch21 Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:46 pm

If this goes through...no more Midnight Madness and all the kids will be street racing on 41A, 101st Parkway, and I 24 Again. Leaf Chronical Article here

Basically from what I got from this is that the residential area on Needmore is expanding to right next to the track and the residents are complaining about the noise. If this were to pass the latest the track could be open is till 11:00 p.m.

I understand that the track is loud, but that track has been there for a LONG time and when you build/ purchase a house, usually you would research the area to see what is around there that you might not like. So i guess we'll see what William does with this proposal if it goes through
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours Empty Re: City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours

Post by tarafied1 Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:56 pm

your right but it wouldn't be the first time a track that was there 1st, gets screwed...
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 85
Humor : real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them!
My Name: : Craig
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Mustang Hardtop, red on red
Mods: : 429 BB, 4 wheel disc brakes, Shelby/Eleanor body mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2842869

Back to top Go down

City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours Empty CONTACT YOUR COUNCILMAN IF YOU DON"T SUPPORT THE NEW ORDIANCE!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:19 pm

The only way to put a stop to this is for everyone to contact the city council persons and let them know you oppose the new ammended ordiance, even if the council person isn't in your ward contact them all and let them know you oppose!!!

Below is a list of all the city ward councils..

City of Clarksville
One Public Square
Clarksville, TN 37040

“A public comment period is conducted prior to each regular session of the city council from 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Any person wishing to address the council shall make such request to the city clerk by noon on Wednesday prior to the regular session and shall submit their name and the topic of said comments. Each person shall be allowed a maximum of five minutes to speak during the comment period. No public comments concerning any zoning amendment to be considered by the city council at such regular session shall be received during this period.” (City Code Sec. 1-204(c))

Ward 1
Barbara E. Johnson
ward1@cityofclarksville.com
2218 Robin Drive 37042
(H) 931-431-4673

Ward 2
Deanna M. McLaughlin Ward2@cityofclarksville.com
107 Mossland Drive 37042
(H) 931-645-0315

Ward 3
James R. Lewis
ward3@cityofclarksville.com
1654 S. Jordan Drive 37042
(H) 931-648-8603

Ward 4
Wallace Redd
ward4@cityofclarksville.com
www.wallaceredd.com
511 Paula Drive 37042
(O)931- 647-8965
(C)931-216-5640
(H)931-647-8965

Ward 5
Candy Johnson
ward5@cityofclarksville.com
563 Brentwood Circle, Clarksville, TN 37042.
(H) (931)503-1557

Ward 6
Marc Harris
ward6@cityofclarksville.com
448 North Second Street 37040
(H)931- 552-0070

Ward 7
Geno Grubbs
ward7@cityofclarksville.com
1200 Riverwood Place #15
(H) 931-648-9524
(C) 931-320-0774

Ward 8
David Allen
ward8@cityofclarksville.com
1700 Autumnwood Blvd 37042
(H) 931-648-4574

Ward 9
Joel Wallace
ward9@cityofclarksville.com
161 E. Glenwood Drive 37040
(H) 931-647-5439

Ward 10
Bill Summers
ward10@cityofclarksville.com
410 Savannah Trace 37043
(H) 931-358-3579

Ward 11
William Forrester
ward11@cityofclarksville.com
490 Georgetown Road 37043
(H) 931-552-1998
(C) 931-206-6545

Ward 12
Jeff Burkhart
Ward12@cityofclarksville.com
324 Franklin Street 37040
(C) 931-206-6949

Back to top Go down

City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours Empty Re: City Council Attempting to Limit Speedway Hours

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 am

I don't think it's such a bad idea. When that track closes after midnight madness all the kids leave there and street race because there are less cars on the road and they are all pumped up from thinking their civic or scion is a race car cause they just had it at the track. Close it earlier and there will be less temptation to street race.

This would be a good chance for the owner to clean up and improve the track and bring the real racers back to it. If he were to fix it up and do prep work the big boys that live less then a mile away will actually go to the track instead of driving out to the hill. Less days means he could hold actual events and charge more to keep the kids with their moms saturns off the track.

You will never win the argument that if they limit the track open times more people will street race cause its just not true. There could be 20 1/4mile tracks in this town and people will still street race. The only way to stop street racing is to make stricter laws like get cought street racing you lose your car just like up in Ohio. The noise pollution will beat the street racing argument because the city cares more about the home owners then racers or track owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by tarafied1 Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am

I won't argue the street racing point but the fact that laws or regulations against the track restricting when it can operate are only the begining of the end. I've seen it many times before. I think writing your elected officails is a great idea to save the track. Street Racing is a whole other battle.
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryswife0509 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:19 pm

oxfordgt wrote:I don't think it's such a bad idea. When that track closes after midnight madness all the kids leave there and street race because there are less cars on the road and they are all pumped up from thinking their civic or scion is a race car cause they just had it at the track. Close it earlier and there will be less temptation to street race.

This would be a good chance for the owner to clean up and improve the track and bring the real racers back to it. If he were to fix it up and do prep work the big boys that live less then a mile away will actually go to the track instead of driving out to the hill. Less days means he could hold actual events and charge more to keep the kids with their moms saturns off the track.

You will never win the argument that if they limit the track open times more people will street race cause its just not true. There could be 20 1/4mile tracks in this town and people will still street race. The only way to stop street racing is to make stricter laws like get cought street racing you lose your car just like up in Ohio. The noise pollution will beat the street racing argument because the city cares more about the home owners then racers or track owner.
I am going to be nice and keep my mouth shut. This issue really bugs me. William has his up and his downs but he is good to this our club. I would rather have the husband at the track on Friday nights chasing imports there than have him on the street doing it. Since I have been letting him go to the track he doesn't feel the need to drag race on the streets. As long as the track stays they way it is now I will let him keep the mustang. Plus this is going to effect a lot of things. Taxes could possibly go up. Which thank goodness I don't live in Montgomery co. The track may not make as much money as it does now. And I am sad to say that it might shut down if William isn't making money. It's not like he holds events through out the week! He may do test and tunes on like wednesdays but that might be it. All the big stuff is held mainly of Friday and Saturday nights. Which is on the WEEKENDS. People knew when moving into the area that there was a race track. The people who built the houses knew the track was there. The county knew the track was there. From the research I have done there use to be nothing out there at one point in time. So why should William be told when he has to run his buissness. They county doesn't tell the milatary that they can't fly their helecopters over Clarksville which sorry guys who are in the army here,they makes more noise than Cars at the track. Because they do it at all hours of the day and night. I can hear the ranges from my house. William has done nothing but follow the rules. He doesn't go past a certain hour on Saturdays. And On Friday nights he stays open a little late for us young people who like to race. If you go to his website and look at the history of the track it states that he would rather have the people at the track racing at midnight madness than on the streets. This way the streets are alot more safer. Than having 100-600 people drag racing up and down 41-A or wilma rudolf. I am sorry you don't feel that the track is that great. Fine stay at the hill. But if this is passed than we might not have a track. And then what? The rate of accidents in Clarksville is going to slowly climb. I understand that people who live at the track has children and that they work. But they should of took that into consideration when they picked a house located next to a race track. I think that the counsilman just has his fruit of the looms in a knot, and he is taking it out on William and the track. I could see this being a prob if the track was open 7 night of the week. 24 hrs a day. But it isn't. Honestly William does his best sometimes. Yes I realize the track need work done to it. But it is not as bad as you put it out to be. If it closes down than we will never have a track to race on there for people who work there will loss the jobs they have there meaning more taxes to help those who lost there jobs there with money for food. This really bugs me. Eddie I love all that you and Karen do for this club and do to help William at the track. I don't know how this will effect you and momma because you do all of the annoucing out at the track and do an awsome job at it. If William didn't have so much already invest in the track I would suggest that he look at the 56 acres out here in for sale in indian mound. But eventually it will end up in the same situation as right now. There is always one person out there wanting to ruin a lot for everyone else. This counsilman has some issues. If he don't like the track than he should move. From what I have read the Speedway is kinda a historical site for Clarksville and one of the oldest buissness still operating and doing well. The Speedway has been here for a long time and william has only owned it for 10 or so years. This makes me said to know that people like the counsilman who knew the track was there when he moved into the area has to complain like a kid who has his toy taken away from him. I am in a toss of going to the meeting tonight that is open to the public. And then calling and making plans on going to the actual voting of this nonsense. I want to be there to support William and all of us who has the love for cars and racing. I am sorry this is so long but I feel that it is imortant for the track to stay open. For safety issuse, revunew, and so people who depend on the track for work to still have jobs whether they are there all the time or not. banghead

Last edited by larryswife0509 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
larryswife0509
larryswife0509
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 96
My Name: : Meagan white
My Ride/Rides: : my husbands 01 gt and a 2004 pontiac vibe
Mods: : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:05 pm

oxfordgt wrote:

I gotta agree with you there man. Thats a good point. I personally go to the house and to bed after midnight madness, but i do see a lot of the kids from the track tearing off in all directions to do whatever.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by RidethePony Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:51 pm

Ward 8 Councilman David Allen is the one proposing limiting the track time more and yes, he does have a house near the track. So I don't think writing to him will be helpful. The Public Safety Meeting is tonight at 4pm at City Hall, so if you can go and support William.
RidethePony
RidethePony
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Female Number of posts : 319
Humor : I did not escape, I have a day pass!!
My Name: : Tina
My Ride/Rides: : 2010 Mustang GT Black , 2006 Expedition Gray
Mods: : Owning a mustang is hazardous to your warranty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by larryswife0509 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 pm

David Allen is also one the community development/ housing guys. sounds as if he is up to something other than trying to change the hrs of the track
larryswife0509
larryswife0509
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 pm

oxfordgt wrote:I don't think it's such a bad idea. When that track closes after midnight madness all the kids leave there and street race because there are less cars on the road and they are all pumped up from thinking their civic or scion is a race car cause they just had it at the track. Close it earlier and there will be less temptation to street race.

umm I strongly dissagree and heres why.
I have been around racing both street and track for over 27 yrs (I'm 41 by the way) and I have lived thru both opening and closing of local tracks in a few states. We lost a track in my home town a long time ago when it was sold to developers which promted those of age to visit the only thing open after 9pm on a weekend (the local bars) those under age raced and cruized.. Well guess what DUI's and street racing which brought along it lots of accidents went way up (best friend at the times dad was a local police chief), this was so bad that the city issued a cruizing ban due to congestion on the main highway which was 3 lanes wide each direction. So this resulted in a big loss for those who liked the track and those who couldnt drink yet.

Now on the other side of it a track that was closed down to all but a few yearly racing events (original owner died and owners son was trying to sell it). When this track was sold and reopened it got rid of some of the street racing (local street raceing road was empty now) and it gave those who wanted a way to do what we do now on friday nights. There is always going to be dumbassess who race on the street in traffic no matter what but to actually think more traffic due to an early closer will take temptation away?? you have never actually traveled down 41a between 1600 and 1800 have you :*drive*: :*burnout*: :*kaboom*:

What gets me is its always someone in charge who thinks just because they don't enjoy it or understand it then its wrong more the massess, if thats the case I want public smoking banned and all cigarette factories closed down since I dont like that or understand why people smoke, assholes like this alderman just insult my inteligence. (ya ya i kant spelll for krap)

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:29 pm

UPDATE: As of tonight the council has decided to postpone any noise ordinance bans on Clarksville Speedway.

I was reading the replies to the article from this morning and the vast majority except for 1 person that i saw thought that Mr. Allen's plan was stupid. And the 1 person who posted their support got hammered bad. The biggest issue is the noise, most of clarksville are in agreement with us on here about how the noise around the houses being there has never been a problem before. also, a lot have brought up the same point about how Campbell with the most helicopters in the army on 1 post make more noise at all hours than that track does.

As or the street racing angle, like I posted before, I agree with Oxford that that point is pretty mute due to the fact that there are just as many people out racing around C-ville than at the track on any friday night. I think you miss understood him on the temptation thing, it's not the extra traffic on the road that will keep people from being retarded on the roads, we all know that doesn't make a difference. He means that because a kid has put his car on the track and runs it he, thinks he can be people on the street and will race more, especially after the track closes, which I have seen myself. Hell, I used what i've seen cars do at the track like that myself when I point and laugh at Civics who can't break into the 10's on an 1/8th mile speeding down 41A like they're the fastest thing n the road.

Lastly to negate argument cuz this thread is still civil and i wanna keep it that way. Yes Oxford knows what 41A traffic is like at those hours, we go home about the same time damn near everyday and I see him all the time. You may not have recognized him cuz he's in his truck is all.

:^drunk^:
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by larryswife0509 Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 pm

I agree with all of you. Just because the a lot of us in car clubs race at the track. Only because we don't want our club to have a bad name. But I feel at the same time though if the track closes at 11 on Friday night it give some of us nothing to do at all. Fridays' are the only day of the week that Larry and I get to actually spend together. It is the only night that we are kid free. He has tried taking me to the movies, and it never works out because we can't decide on what movie to watch. So I get mad at him or he gets mad at me and then we both make the agreement to go to midnight madness. It keeps larry from racing on the streets. I nag him to death when we are in the car and he tries to do it. Only because we do have stickers on the car and I don't want him messing up the name of this car club. So he has agreed that he will keep it at the track. I love how the import guys roll up beside us on the streets and rev their fart in a can cars. Larry begs me to let him show them how a real car sounds. I remind him to just point and laugh. They hate it more than getting smoked. But point being if it wasn't for the track on Friday night I would be making him sale the car and getting Suv. I was never into cars until he got the stang. And I enjoy racing it at midnight madness even though I suck. It keeps me from wanting to hurt someone.(Larry)Because somedays I would Like to hurt my husband. What woman wouldn't. Friday is our day to relax with out the kiddos. And we like to spend it at the track. Nick has a good point. I have seen it happen. It happen in my home town. It may be small. But going to the track was a lot of fun on the weekends it's what we did. Now there is nothing to do in that town. You can no longer park and hang out with your friends nothing. I feel sorry for William because he is going through this. And I am sorry if I might of said something that has offended anyone. But like I said the going to the track is one of the only things me and larry can actual agree on with out bickering at each other about it.
larryswife0509
larryswife0509
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:27 pm

We had this issue come up in Kansas City with Kansas City International Raceway when I lived there.

http://www.kcir.net

Anyhow, this racetrack is clear off in BFE, and had been for 30 years, until the rich people decided the land was nice and secluded to start building upper scale houses. In the late 80's and the early 90's these same rich residents started complaining about the noise and the traffic, and they fought to have the track close. One of the radio stations 98.9 The Rock (http://www.989therock.com/) got wind of it, and they sponsor a lot of events out there, and they got all the track sponsors to group together and fight the residents over their ignorance.

Bottom line, the track won out in the end, and I think if you guys get the right fight and get the right support, this track should be able to win out over these pesky residents in Clarksville.

Reason being, the track was there before them. No one made them move there, and they knew they were building and/or buying a house close to a racetrack which is going to generate noise. However, these ignorant stupid saps, are going to try and fight the track, and argue these senseless brainless arguments, of how their peace is being disturbed.

Fight them, and fight them hard. IF they don't like the noise, they shouldn't have built or bought close to a racetrack, and they can feel free to put their ****ing houses up for sale and move somewhere else.

Here's a link to an article on this same situation in Kansas City and I'll try to find more links to help you guys out with this, but DO NOT GIVE IN TO these bastards who are whining for the stupid and ill informed decisions they made. The track should not have to pay the price for the decisions of several hundred stupid sheeple who weren't smart enough to do their research, and inform themselves of the location they moved to, so why should the joy and fun of those who wish to partake in some racing be forced to love what they love doing the best, because of the ignorance of idiots?

http://www.dragracingonline.com/lennysline/v_4.html

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT and do not give concessions, do not agree to any terms, and tell these people to take a flying suck at a monkey's ass.

All this is, is a bunch of people crying about something trying to get their way because they don't like it, but in the end they are wrong, and they are the one's who are stupid for building/buying next to a race track and thinking they can run the track off just because they don't like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 pm

The same thing has been going on for years and years over at the Nashville speedway, fairgrounds. All of the people off in the section 8 housing districts near wedgewood have been bitching forever. The track is still going and the people are still bitching.

You guys are fighting a slightly different battle because there are some pretty nice neighborhoods nearby and probably some people with money pushing the council members to lean in their direction. It is going to be a long battle, but if the resistance is strong enough the track can definitely win in the end.

Good luck guys, don't give up! approve
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 pm

the best thing I can tell you guys to do is get the sponsors that help support that track to band together and fight this thing, but everyone's gonna have to make some loud noise and protest it.

It doesn't matter if they're nice neighborhoods or not. That track was there before the residents, there before the subdivisions, and it should not have to close down early or be required to move because some grouchy people don't like it.

they make ear plugs for a reason, these idiots should use them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 am

All good points in this thread. I don't know if any of you ever lived near the track but the dragstrip really doesn't make much noise. A bunch of hondas with fart cans and basicly stock mustangs and camaros with catless mid pipes don't make enough noise to cause alarm. If people like me, Bob, the Waricks and a few other friends that have extremely high hp and loud cars were to go to the track and just hot lap all night then it would suck for the neighbors. But only a few of the loud drag cars go out there and they only make a few passes and go home. I remember when I lived there the only part I hated about it was that damn circle track. 10 cars with no exhaust running wide open for 10 laps straight is extremely loud and can be heard from trenton road. Those races last well into the night and I'm sure is the cause of the complaints.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 am

[quote="larryswife0509"]I agree with all of you. Just because the a lot of us in car clubs race at the track. Only because we don't want our club to have a bad name. quote]

LOL do you remember the first time we met? You guys were tring to get me to race on 41a and I gunned it to show you there was no point in a race between our cars, then you guys tried to hand me a march madness flyer while we were driveing down the road. Then when we pulled over to see what you were trying to give us you guys were doing doughnuts the in firestone parking lot. When me and my friend got close enough we saw that you guys had your kids in the back seat and we were in shock.

Now I didn't tell that story to start anything but only to make a point. Everybody street races wether there is a track or not. I hang out evernight with a bunch of street racers and I will admit I have done it on occasion when there is a powerfull enough car to race(I got beat by a camaro). But there is a difference between what we do and what people leaving midnight madness do. They will race anywhere and we close off a street with no driveways or sidestreets.

I'm kinda rambling on here but I'm stuck in Ohio and not tired so your gonna have to read what I write LOL.

The biggest problem with the track closing late with empty roads is this. People like us that own rear wheel drive cars have no problem running at the track and going home cause we can get our cars to hook with the right mods and are happy after the track. But the FWD guys get their asses handed to them cause they can't hook from a dig. So they will redo the race but do it from a roll where they have the advantage. They can't do it at the track and get mad and set up races for after the track.

We tried a few years ago to get outlaw field to open their gates to us like they used to back in the day and let us do leagal street races there. We had all the support for ems and fire along with a tow truck. But the city said no as long as the track is open. So I'm sitting back and on this issue and hoping for it to come out in my favor Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 am

oxfordgt wrote:10 cars with no exhaust running wide open for 10 laps straight is extremely loud and...

is a sound many people love to hear. I call it the 80-cylinder symphony.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:50 pm

I would have to agree with everyone. i love the track yeah its not the greatest in the world but its something... i feel for the people who live close to it but like it has been said before it was there first.. i have spoken to alot of people who live there and they all say the same thing they can here the track if they are outside but when they dont want to hear it anymore they just go inside and turn on the tv. I mean come on its not a street race issue or a traffic thing its one guy crying about the noise, well william only runs the complex three days a week wed. fri. and sat... fri he runs bracket till ten, then midnight madness till 1 or 2 depending on the amount of people there.. and they are street cars and most have pretty quit exhaust.. then on sat he runs dirt track yes that goes to like midnight but he tries to get them as soon as he can,, and tries to run the big boys first then the quiter cars.. Mad
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by larryswife0509 Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 pm

[quote="oxfordgt"][quote="larryswife0509"]I agree with all of you. Just because the a lot of us in car clubs race at the track. Only because we don't want our club to have a bad name. quote]

LOL do you remember the first time we met? You guys were tring to get me to race on 41a and I gunned it to show you there was no point in a race between our cars, then you guys tried to hand me a march madness flyer while we were driveing down the road. Then when we pulled over to see what you were trying to give us you guys were doing doughnuts the in firestone parking lot. When me and my friend got close enough we saw that you guys had your kids in the back seat and we were in shock.

Now I didn't tell that story to start anything but only to make a point. Everybody street races wether there is a track or not. I hang out evernight with a bunch of street racers and I will admit I have done it on occasion when there is a powerfull enough car to race(I got beat by a camaro). But there is a difference between what we do and what people leaving midnight madness do. They will race anywhere and we close off a street with no driveways or sidestreets.

Yes I do remember. But do you also know I chewed the husbands butt all the way back to the house and for two days I stayed p.o at him. He final can to the agreement with me that 1. he won't do anything stupid with the kids in the car. 2. He was wrong for doing it. 3. He wouldn't street race if I would let him go to the track.
When I am not with him, I don't know if he does it our not. But when I am in the car with him I nag him to death if he even tries. I don't like him doing it at all. Unless he is on the track. And that was before he ever started going to the track. So yes he did do it at one point in time. Now he knows that if he don't do it on the streets, I stay happy and he stays happy and nag free. People do alot of stupid thing. Nobody is perfect. Including my husband and myself. But letting him go to the track has stopped his urge for wanting to race on the streets. And if I ever catch him doing it when I am not with him I will hurt him. He don't want to mess with me on the issue. Because I always when. When we don't go down to the track we do like to cruise up and down 41-a. But I see to it that he does it safely. I have always been one of those people who as my husband would say a worry wort. I make him street racing worst than what he is really doing before I let him go to the track. No matter how made he may make me I always put a happy face on around other people. Then he hears about it when nobody is around. Anyways. Thanks for reminding me of what my husband did before I started letting him go to the track. I kinda forgot about it but not really. The husband is lucky he still has the car. Because sometimes when he does something stupid like that I think about making him sale it. Am I mean wife sure when it comes to somethings. The husband know I don't like him doing it on the streets. There is time and a place for it and it is at the track.
larryswife0509
larryswife0509
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Exactly why the track needs to stay open.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

Back to top Go down

Post by tarafied1 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 pm

I still say the limit set on the track is typically just the beginning of trouble for the track. It really doesn't have to be about street racing or noise. Once they start clamping down on the track, nothing will stop them from closing it. Maybe this is not the case here but it is a common problem for track owners so don't let the street race argument stop you from protesting any regulations againts the track. Just my opinion. I've never been to the track there, I go to Beach bend but I'd hate to see another track suffer because of ignorant home owners.
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 am

The track is the only place certain types of cars can run, so if they are required to run mufflers, that would solve most of the "noise problem" but I think the noise is part of the reason many of them go. Who would rather see the cars go around in circles, but not hear them? The noise is part of the total automotive experience. I say make those who complain move somewhere else. You're not a car person? Don't complain, just find somewhere else to call home. Home is where the heart is, and if that's not near a racing complex, I believe the saying goes "Don't go away mad, just go away."
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by larryswife0509 Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 am

In the newspaper yesterday they postpon the proposal. But William told the newspaper that some developer wants to build apartment 20ft from the track. http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090820/NEWS01/908200322&plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:8196d221-4b87-4f8d-8ab2-36ac6c9fcdff

Its all right here in the article. I don't think that it is fair to the William or the people who attend the track. Because people are going to complain if they move into the apartment if they are built. There should be some type of law against building something like this so close to the track.
larryswife0509
larryswife0509
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by tarafied1 Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:39 pm

thanks for posting the link, I think that does say it all. I hope they can work something out and that people realize the track was there first!
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next