WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why did you buy your mustang????????

2 posters

Go down

why did you buy your mustang???????? Empty why did you buy your mustang????????

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 pm

I'll start I bought my cobra after talking about it for like 3-4 years. I finally got my jeep paid off and less than a month later I got my cobra. (IMHO 03/04 cobra's are the baddest mustang on the road) I've had it since January 5th 2008 bought it with 29086 miles for 23,100 bucks not too bad i guess got em down from 24,500. Now as of today it has 31000.6 miles on it right now. The car puts a smile on my face when ever i get behind the wheel. So thats little bit about how i ended up with my car, but how did I pick just the right color? I haa huge problem picking between sonic blue and silver. I decided on silver for a few reasons one is that i've only seen one other silver cobra in greenwood so i'd be different not just another sonic blue cobra running around the south side. Two silver does not grab as much attention as other brighter colors do. And three I saw that silver cobra sitting at this guys house all cleaned up and knew i must own this car! So whats your story let's hear them! :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

why did you buy your mustang???????? Empty Re: why did you buy your mustang????????

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 pm

I've wanted a mustang ever since i was able to know what i car was.

I've begged and begged my parents to get me one for my 16th bday, but they wouldnt.

after many test drives and many hrs spend browsing adds online on corral. I found her. Orlando, FL for 13,500 w/ 14,000 miles! It was a 2002 mineral grey gt. I called the guy and told him i had to fly and drive it back so he lowered the price to 13,000 flat. It was an offer i couldnt refuse!

I got the car as an early grad present (my rents paid for 1/4 of it) i paid for the rest (been savin since i was 10). I picked her up July 22, 2007. I was only 17. Now i'm 18 and a senior in HS, I love my car more than ever. It now has 19,200 miles on her... that was a 1,000 mile drive back btw lol.

Back to top Go down

why did you buy your mustang???????? Empty Re: why did you buy your mustang????????

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm

When I was 16 I picked up a 69 mustang coupe. When I was getting ready to go to college my dad and I decided i needed a more reliable car. We put an ad out trying to sell it for 7500. Some guy came to my house to look at it driving a stock, green 96 gt. He said he had a 95 v6 and some money he would give me for it. I said no but i'll trade you straight up for that 96 (this was in 2001) he said to let him think about it because he had just paid 11k for the gt. He came back a couple days later and said he would do it. So we traded. Other than my winter beaters a mustang is the only car i have ever wanted. Now the green gt is metallic black and the interior went from tan to black and silver. Most people who havent seen me in a while ask me when i got rid of the green one lol.

Heres a pic of the 69:
why did you buy your mustang???????? STANG8

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:23 am

I was 17 when I picked up the Mustang! My dad tought me how to drive it since ive never tried driving a manual when I was 16, then a year later I bought the same car from my parents nieghbor's son. The car was located in CALI then drove to Michigan where it sat for 1.5 years waiting for a buyer. we picked up the 2000 3.8l w 39k on the odom. for $7.5k. since then I have put a little less than that into the car and we are hoping for a 500HP monster six by the end of the year!

I guess I got a great deal cause I just picked up a 1999 3.8l with 45k for $8,800 Sad this past weekend. But it beats driving the durango around/ spending 85 bucks a week on gas!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:48 am

Well I had a benz and I met some guy who was into mustangs. i took my benz to the meets. Nick my boyfriend at the time would drive his stang to all the meets. i would take my truck, my harley but really nothing I had would quiet fit in. Nick left for Iraq and I went to a meet here and there and then I went to a ford dealer where they had this black track pack on the show room floor. i looked at it and thought well it looked nice. then they showed me where it was numbered and I thought hmm could be a collector car. i check the bank i had the money so I bought it. i drove it home and I try to take it down the track. I have to say it is a cool car to take places but I still need schooling on hoe to drive it and I think of nick everytime I drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 am

I had wanted a red cobra for a long time and loved the lines of the 96-98s. I was living up my Chicago and my buddy called and wanted to go to the FFW they used to have at Cordova, IL. My buddy and I went to check it out and my cobra was sitting with the SVT semi with a for sale sign in the window. I went up and asked about it. Needless to say I started it (never drove it), had the loan for it the following mon. and it was mine. The guy showed up with it in the SVT semi cause he drove the show cars around. I got to ride in and drive a Ford GT and got to ride in the Super Stallion. It was definately a day I will never forget. It had 26,600 miles when I bought it 3.5 yrs ago. It now has 92,000 on the clock and still loving every minute of it.

Me getting the VIN the day I saw/bought it:
why did you buy your mustang???????? Theday

The same day with the Super Stallion in the background:
why did you buy your mustang???????? Theday2

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 am

well it all started for me when i was in high school there was kid with a blue fox body GT w/ silver stripes and the was a kid with a dark blue convertible and i would stare at there cars all the time. then my buddy andy picked up his 95 GT when we were in 10th grade and started modding his. i never had money to buy a car much less a mustang. i had an 87 cavalier that was given to me and that lasted all the way til i was half way through collage then it decided to take a crap. I got the car home and my dad said well what are we going to do i found this fox if u want it (the fox was bright green with blue interior and had a five 0 swap and a 5 lug conversion) there was some other little mods to but i don't remember. anyway the kid only wanted 700 for the car so i talked to him told him i had the money even gone and looked at the car went up there with the cash and he told me he could not sell it he already had a buyer. the only reason i did not buy it the first time i was up there was because the kid didn't have the title. So in my dismay i started looking again and my dad and i rolled up to the dealership and i saw her. My 2003 Dark shadow Grey GT she had 56,000 miles on her when i picked it up now it has around 83,000 i drive a lot picked her up for 15,000 oh yeah and since andy has sold his GT and picked up a 94 Cobra
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down