WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nashville meet

3 posters

Go down

Nashville meet Empty Nashville meet

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 pm

So when's the first Nashville meet? In front of Toys r us may be a good spot to draw some attention.

Back to top Go down

Nashville meet Empty Re: Nashville meet

Post by WNRacing Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:36 am

Are you thinking the Toys R Us in Madison/Rivergate?

Eddie and I have been kind of trying to get this figured out, time has been a bit of an Issue, but we definitely want to get the Nashville chapter up and running. I think some of the guys are wanting to head out to the Super Speedway for the Adrenaline Drags, on the 24th I think?

I've been trying to decide where the best place to try to get everyone together here would be.. I know that there are a few general car get-togethers around Hendersonville. Let me know what you're thinking and I'll try to get it together.
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:08 am

Yeah that's the Toys R Us that I am talking about. It sits on a pretty busy intersection and I often encounter mustangs there on a daily basis on my way to and from work. I also attend the Hendersonville cruise but I never see many mustangs. I have been told that there is a good amount of mustangs that meet at the Murfressboro cruise but I have never been to it(only seen pics). I really miss the guys in Clarksville but it has become harder to make the trip up there but I'm sure if you guys can get something going here people will com out.

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 pm

What about the TN supersport parking lot in Rivergate. It is on a busy road. Generating can be easy: Ask TN Super, Orielys, car wash places, even a gift food basket, etc. if they would be willing to donate some goods for a 50/50 drawing. Set a specific date for the meet/greet (alternate for rain). Make a generic flyer able to be downloaded onto a computer to print: everyone print them out and when they see a pony in a parking lot, stick a flyer on it. Get out the pots: lunch for a buck cruise in. cook hot dogs and have chips. McD's still loans out those huge water containers... sweet tea and water. All very cheap. Gordon food is right around the corner from there so very easy to go and get more chow. Get Clarksville to come down also with their vehicles... let them look at the ponys and trucks. Show them what we got!! Just a thought... sorry if I overstepped bounds.

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 90
Humor : Raising a teenager is like nailing jelly to a wall

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:18 pm

No, you're definitely not overstepping your bounds at all man, we need some ideas on how to get the Nashville WH moving.. I'm not sure about flyers on cars, if someone got irritated enough they could raise a large stink over that and it's just not worth the hassle.

I think I have a contact at Tennessee Speed Sport, I'll have to check on it Monday and see if he's still working there.
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:33 pm

PM me when yall come up with something. I'm not good at coming up with ideas for where to meet, but I'm a little better at just making time to show up, especially on a Saturday. The Toys R Us sounds good.

OK, never mind the PM thing... I found the "watch topic" feature. LOL

Last edited by Pyrotech72 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found the "watch topic" feature)
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah Autumnsflame had some great ideas to get the buzz going. The only reason I say maybe Toys R Us parking lot is because you can't miss it if you are just passing by, kind of how the guys in Clarksville are on the main drag but Speed Sport sits behind a few buildings and you have to look a little harder. So far I have been passing out flyers when I saw the person in their Stang and they all wanted to know when and where the meeting place was, so that is a good sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 pm

If anyone has the ability.. go to Hendersonville and put something in the window at the Exxon station on Main street by the apts. Proceed down the road.. Auto Zone and Oriellys are all on the "strip". You can prob get some good 50/50 items. Dont forget.. and trust me I am not knocking it.. but Toys R Us limits you also.. I know it is a family club, and that is what I love about it, but a single person may drive by a toy store. What about another location on Gallatin Rd? Find out who rented to the old HHgreg store and ask if you can park there.

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 90
Humor : Raising a teenager is like nailing jelly to a wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:56 pm

? I though troy was running the Nashville chapter ? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 am

OK guys, I'm really wanting to get something going here, it will have to be after the Tail of the Dragon, I'll be getting back from Gatlinburg on the 27th.

Planning on heading out the the final Adrenaline Drags @ the Super Speedway on the 28th weather permitting ofcourse. Would any of you guys be interested in that?

PS. I think I saw you (normajean) driving down 386 the other day (I think it was last Friday?) heading towards 65S I was in my Stratus R/T so I doubt you noticed.. lol
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 pm

Yeah that was me, I remember seeing you. I was just getting off work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:26 pm

As to meeting places in G'ville, how about the old Carmike Cinema North lot Next to TN Speedsport off of Rivergate Parkway? Is it still vacant or have they built something there? It is a large lot, close to the interstate off of 65. Thoughts???

Pyrotech72'sLady
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Well folks, it looks like the 28th is a no-go.. I got to checking the Delk web site today and it says all of the remaining races have been called off this year. What a bummer... banghead
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 am

hippy wrote:? I though troy was running the Nashville chapter ? scratch

??????? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 am

hippy wrote:

??????? scratch

He is still more than welcome to help out/take charge/whatever if he would like to, but as far as I know he has had since April/May to get something going and nothing has ever happened.. I just want to get this moving and Eddie has asked me to help out. approve
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm

WNRacing wrote:
hippy wrote:

??????? scratch

He is still more than welcome to help out/take charge/whatever if he would like to, but as far as I know he has had since April/May to get something going and nothing has ever happened.. I just want to get this moving and Eddie has asked me to help out. approve

I just sent you a PM with my number and you are more than welcome to call me. I believe at the time Eddie told you to give me a call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:37 am

First time I have logged on since this discussion thread started. Wondering if anything has been decided? We have 3 Mustangs in the family would love to bring them out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 pm

So what's next for a possible meet and greet in Nashville?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Rain - Rain - Go AWAY!

Keep us posted! Can't wait to meet up with everyone again - we had a blast!

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty hesitant to try and plan anything because of all of this rain.. It's not forecasted to be gone anytime soon. That's been the biggest issue for me.

You guys/gals got any ideas? Anyone feel like going to Dave & Busters, bowling, anything like that? Could be fun..
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 pm

D&B always sounds good. Also I don't know how far some of you guys live but if the Mt Juliet Cruise is still going on it may be a nice outing too. That cruise meets on saturdays at 5pm at Chic fila in Providence. I think my weekend is clear so I am open to whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down