WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevy Camaro Outsells Ford Mustang

2 posters

Go down

Chevy Camaro Outsells Ford Mustang Empty Chevy Camaro Outsells Ford Mustang

Post by Danstang Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Some drivers weren't even born the last time the Chevrolet Camaro outsold the Ford Mustang.

But it happened in June as the reborn Camaro dusted the restyled Mustang, 9,320 to 7,362. The last time the Camaro beat the Mustang in a monthly sales race was October 1993, when Chevy sold 10,985 Camaros and Ford sold 5,680 Mustangs.

The last time the Camaro outsold the Mustang for a full year was 1985. That year, Chevrolet sold 199,985 Camaros while Ford moved 157,821 Mustangs.

Mark LaNeve, General Motors vice president of sales, service and marketing, said nearly every Camaro sale in June was at retail and was nearly double the number GM expected. LaNeve said GM has a six-day supply of Camaros.

Some dealers have reported selling the cars right off the delivery truck, with some consumers paying as much as $500 over sticker — making the sleek sports coupe one of the few vehicles in the industry hot enough to do that.

Ford restyled the Mustang for 2010, making it look smaller and upgrading the interior but keeping the same powertrains. The Camaro is all new with a base V6 that delivers almost as much horsepower as the V8 in the Mustang. The Camaro's V6 comes with direct fuel injection, 304 hp and an EPA rating of 29 mpg in the city.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Chevy Camaro Outsells Ford Mustang Empty Re: Chevy Camaro Outsells Ford Mustang

Post by Wolvee Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm curious to see the production number of Ford this year. They have produced less cars on purpose. Which set them up for less sales.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:33 pm

I know they estimate the '09 production at around 45,000, haven't heard anything concerning what they are projecting this year. Last years June sales were 10,893 compared to this years 7,362, so I can only think that the first half of this year's production #'s really stunk with the '10's coming out.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down