WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My trip with MAA

4 posters

Go down

My trip with MAA Empty My trip with MAA

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am

I though I would post up how things went with Mustangs across america. it was the 45 annivery and it was awsome. So many stories but I will only put the best ones up here. I met the group in OK city where the difter car racer also met up with everyone. his name is Vaune. I most likely mis-spelled it. anyway he is a difter for ford. I also met steve phillips number 22 and so many other guys to many to list. I got picture but I am trying to figure out how to do the photo bucket link and still trying to get them all up loaded. I have so many car clubs that have ask me to be apart of there club. I felt to welcomed into the mustang family. the Roush people have there own club and we raced along the way along with the BMC people. Then there was the AMC peope who also tried to get around my car. WE all where racen across 20 and a stupid toyotta wanted to get by. we all where doing about 90+ haven a great time playing leap frog. I called up to the front car and took the rear because we had it plained to let the a-hole up front and then blow him away. So as we all moved over waiting for the stupid car to get in front while the whole time we did back it down to 80 at that time. the toyotta given us all hand jesters and then a cop pulls up behind me. I thought for sure this was going to be a ticket for me. the cop pull around me and races up the the toyotta and puts on his lights. It will be talked about on all the forumes. All the mustang honked as we passed the car who got pulled over and we waved very polighty.

There is so much going on and I had such a great time. so many story to tell but I will have to slow down and get to a mustang meet to tell you all about it.

FYI there is a road corse in Nashville and I would like to start going to that one. if anyone would like to go please let me know and I will try to set up a time and a place where we can meet and head down that way. I went on the road course for a brief time on the track and I am hooked onto it. the car loves that kind of track and it is so much fun. There is one ehre in nashville and I was told they are great about letting people have track time. so I am going to call and get the info and I will post to see if anyone is wanting to go.

In all it was only 150 for the whole weekend to race open track. that not bad when your looking at 4 days of racen. I think if you where only going to do one day of racen i was like 50 dollars and again still not bad you get to go around the track about 10 times or a 45 min run. when your 45 mins are up you are tired trust me. Its like doing the tail of the draggon over and over and over. I was not supose to be in the track but they let me thanks to Jerry. hey if you get on and read this tanks again so much for all your help with my car. I look forward to seeing and learning about my car and what it can do.
Here is a short clip when we went through texas.
Mustang Stampede Rolls Through Lewisville

Jerry was someone I met in al who also has a track pack car and he taught me alot.

What I learned on my TRIP :

1) a hang over and load pipes is not a good thing in the morning.

2) the blue painters taped was a great used on the car during track time to keep off the rubber on the paint and easy cleaning when you got done.

3) let the toyotta pass hopefull he will get the ticket

4) If you run your car hard and it goes into fail safe mode just turn it off it resets its self.

5) when driven with alot of cars you DONT PASS THE PACE CAR!!!! OPPS there where about 20 cars on the track
and about 600 cars on the trip from OK to AL. AWSOME TIME I SO cant wait till the 50th.

6) for picture of everything I was apart of check out fnsweet.com awsome pic and and more stories about what happed on the trip

7) Do be scared to go to new places and meet new people you just never know who your going to meet.
JACK ROUSH, drifter Vaungh, ted anthony jr. from ford racen
tony buffort, my fav steve phillips from ford racen thanks for the driven school info

there is a Mustang Alley thing going on during August 15
it is in Michigan and it is an awsome time. I think I might go.
motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley

hugs everyone and I look forward to the next mustang meet.

here are some pic
My trip with MAA Birmin10
My trip with MAA Drift110
My trip with MAA Fncars10

Last edited by Blueyegal on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

My trip with MAA Empty Re: My trip with MAA

Post by Danstang Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Blueyegal wrote:
there is a Mustang Alley thing going on during August 15
it is in Michigan and it is an awsome time. I think I might go.
motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley
This is during the Woodward Dream Cruise. It is off the beaten path, but a lot of 'stangs there! It is the largest cruise that I know of (some 40,000 cars), the only problem is that it is getting so congested you can't even drive your car on Woodward Ave. It takes a couple of hours just to go a couple miles! It is something to behold though. Unfortunately, I can't make Woodward, but the very next weekend there is another big cruise in Grand Rapids (15,000 to18,000 cars over a 15 mile cruise route, much less congestion). 28th St Metro Cruise
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm

I am DEFINITELY in if we go to the Super Speedway for some road course time, I know that the Nashville SVTOA guys did it last year, maybe we can get some more info from them? Either way, COUNT ME IN!

I wish I had known about the 45th event a little sooner, would have been a great time for a vaca.. Still trying to decide if I'm going to make it to the tail of the dragon or not.. Might have some scheduling conflicts.
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:54 pm

The road course racing is done on sundays in nashville and can get more info in the morning. Ill call one of the guys i know that does it all the time. Ill get prices and dates.
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 am

steves04cobra wrote:The road course racing is done on sundays in nashville and can get more info in the morning. Ill call one of the guys i know that does it all the time. Ill get prices and dates.

AWESOME! :%worthy%:
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:12 am

I know that I am in for a road course now. After doing the road course to me that is so much more fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:47 am

WNRacing wrote:I am DEFINITELY in if we go to the Super Speedway for some road course time, I know that the Nashville SVTOA guys did it last year, maybe we can get some more info from them? Either way, COUNT ME IN!

I wish I had known about the 45th event a little sooner, would have been a great time for a vaca.. Still trying to decide if I'm going to make it to the tail of the dragon or not.. Might have some scheduling conflicts.

I had posted about the 45 several times I am sorry you missed the post because you could have come down with troy and kirk and troys parents. I would have loved to had someone to drive my car back by that time I was very very tired of driven.

As for the speedway I am doing that and I will let you know when I go look for a thread titled speedway because when I get the info I will post everything about it and be looking for people to go with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Blueyegal wrote:I had posted about the 45 several times I am sorry you missed the post because you could have come down with troy and kirk and troys parents. I would have loved to had someone to drive my car back by that time I was very very tired of driven.

As for the speedway I am doing that and I will let you know when I go look for a thread titled speedway because when I get the info I will post everything about it and be looking for people to go with me.

I probably just missed the posts, plus I wouldn't have had proper time to schedule vaca, so it's ok!

I'm sure that Track pack is pretty awesome out on a road course, that's what it's made for! I for one would NOT pass up the opportunity to take that beauty for a spin! I'm getting excited just thinking about getting out on the road course the thought of that alone makes me happy! Takes me back to my racing days. :*drive*:
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 pm

The info for the road course racing in Nashville. The next event is on Sunday the 26th of Apr. It cost non members $35 to race but its free to watch. There is a group of guys that meet up the morning of the event at 0530 at the BP on the corner of Tiny town and Trenton. I know that you must wear a helmet when you race but im told you can barrow one at the track but im not sure. :*drive*:
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

My trip with MAA Empty 45th Anniversary of the Mustang at Barber Motorsports park in Birmingham AL

Post by tarafied1 Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm a newbie to this forum and group but I met some of you tonight. I told some of you about this video of the cruise from Barber to Homewood...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmsDJYVjpU
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 85
Humor : real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them!
My Name: : Craig
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Mustang Hardtop, red on red
Mods: : 429 BB, 4 wheel disc brakes, Shelby/Eleanor body mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2842869

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 am

steves04cobra wrote:The info for the road course racing in Nashville. The next event is on Sunday the 26th of Apr. It cost non members $35 to race but its free to watch. There is a group of guys that meet up the morning of the event at 0530 at the BP on the corner of Tiny town and Trenton. I know that you must wear a helmet when you race but im told you can barrow one at the track but im not sure. :*drive*:

Do we have any more info on this? I'd like to get out there and tear it up sometime. LMK if you've heard anything new. :*burnout*:
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*

Back to top Go down