WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

headlight cover lense paint

2 posters

Go down

headlight cover lense paint Empty headlight cover lense paint

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:41 pm

I was checking out the headlight cover lense paint that makes your covers look smokey.
Has anyone ever used this or know of someone that has used before?

Back to top Go down

headlight cover lense paint Empty Re: headlight cover lense paint

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 pm

wouldnt it be easier to just buy the smoked out covers for em? or buy an aftermarket set that has the main lenses already smoked, i remember seeing something to that effect on ebay a while back.... instead of messing with the oems you might have to replace or something down the road?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:26 am

i had mine smoke with a mixture of black paint and clear coat and it sucked i couldn't see worth a damn but i've heard there is a company that makes the paint now and it isn't suppose to fade the light at all they just look smoked when the lights are off... i personally haven't tried it though so i don't know

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Yeah, I don't think I am going to mess with the paint, I will probably end recoating every other month anyways. I think better to go with the smoked lenses. If I go smoked in the front, should I also do the rear to match?
I like Coles taillights with the black mesh type look!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:09 pm

i would definately do some checking into the tail light covers cause i know when i had mine painted you couldn't really see my brake lights which causes problems....if nothing else you could get the tail light covers and just pop them on when you are parked at shows....

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:14 pm

use VHT Nightshades....same thing I used to tint my taiilights . works just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sat May 03, 2008 5:57 am

we have a guy up here in MI running the covers on the rear of his car so i made sure to pay attention and you can see his taillights perfectly. i used the black paint and clear coat method and yeah you couldn't see mine like at all but his covers work great.... i know its an old topic but i just finally saw some on a car so i could give a proper review

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 pm

AladymeGT wrote:Yeah, I don't think I am going to mess with the paint, I will probably end recoating every other month anyways. I think better to go with the smoked lenses. If I go smoked in the front, should I also do the rear to match?
I like Coles taillights with the black mesh type look!
they are a viynal( ?? :*bonk(: spelling??) you can get them off of ebay application is a little difficult unless u have a lot of patience and a scapal i had my buddy do it because he applied those on things for awhile
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 pm

EyeCandy4U wrote:i used the black paint and clear coat method and yeah you couldn't see mine like at all but his covers work great....

that's why you don't use actual paint, you use a transluscent spray like VHT Nite Shades.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-VHT-Nite-Shades-Tail-light-Tinting-Spray-Paint-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQihZ009QQitemZ190226509322QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ht_4290wt_0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down