WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs

2 posters

Go down

2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs Empty 2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Today Ford Motor Company released its year-end sales figures for 2008. According to the company, sales of the Ford Mustang were down 32.2 percent in 2008. In all Ford moved 91,251 Mustangs last year. In 2007 the company moved 134,626.
As for December, it didn't fair much better than November for the company. This past December Ford sold 4,027 Mustangs. In December of 2007 the company sold 8,315. That's a decline of 51.6 percent.

Taking a look at the bigger picture, Ford estimates its market share was 14.6 percent in December, up 0.7 of a point versus a year ago. This marks the first time since 1997 Ford has achieved a market share increase three months in a row. In a press release issued today, Jim Farley, Ford's group vice president, Marketing and Communications said, "This is a strong ending to end a very challenging year."

As for the Mustang, the new 2010 model will become available this Spring. The recently introduced 2010 Shelby GT500 will also hit dealerships around that time. Will these new models be enough to turn sales around? We'll have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down

2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs Empty Re: 2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs

Post by Danstang Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I don't know if sales numbers will ever recover fully, I think the future of the auto industry is pretty foggy right now and the type of vehicles Americans are looking to buy may be changing dramatically.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs Empty Re: 2008 Sales Numbers down for Mustangs

Post by billfisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:53 pm

ford need to get the DI 3.5 in the base stang soon, or they will join GM.

the problem is, it makes 300hp. the 4.6 makes very little more than that.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down