WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you parked yet?

+9
Wolvee
BRADTHEBLADE
Eturner
Shady
phrostygurl
Black On Black
loosenut41983
BraMas
Danstang
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are you parked yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you parked yet?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:00 pm

lol :_lol_:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:02 pm

hey brad how much for a paint job for my mustang and jasons 99 mustang?

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:43 pm

that all depends on what you want done.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:33 am

My whole exterior of my car and Jasons whole exterior of his car. Hes got a 99 mustang and it's cocain white. On mine I thought that I would leave it up to you cause I aint good on making decisions on stuff like this, just keep in mind that my interior is tan and my exterior is black and I want them to match somehow and I want it to look sweet. lol Jasons exterior is White and his interior is black but he wants a copper burnt orange with a gold flake. He also said to put the word out for a 351 windsor or a 351 cleveland motor and a t-5 training or a c-4 manual transmission. Thanks hun.

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:30 am

Well my car is doing great so far, my real test will be taking a roadtrip to DC with it next weekend :*drive*:
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:47 pm

I HATE scraping windows. And since I have no desire to park the car outside, it gets driven all winter.

It's not real pretty. Sort of looks like this again.

Are you parked yet? - Page 2 Salty%20cobra%201

I hope it's good enough to be washed tomorrow. Just not worth it, when it snows every other day.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:59 pm

that is just pure ugly... :_lol_:
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by D Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:12 am

looks like ill be driving mine in the snow.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:08 am

Eturner wrote:that is just pure ugly... :_lol_:

Got that right. The only good thing is I drive into work in the dark and then drive home when it's dark. So most people cannot see how bad it is. Laughing

Should get washed today, but it will just be a mess again on Monday.

PS. One thing I hate (about the only thing I hate) about these cars is the way the wind whips around the tail, putting dirt on the bumper. Any minor bad weather and the rear end looks like you haven't washed it in years. :*gripe*:
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:34 pm

MINE GOES FROM GUN METALE GRAY TO WHITE IN 10SEC. FLAT....LOL. GOD I HATE MICHIGAN WINTERS....LOL. :*kaboom*: :*violent2*:
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Eturner wrote:MINE GOES FROM GUN METALE GRAY TO WHITE IN 10SEC. FLAT....LOL. GOD I HATE MICHIGAN WINTERS....LOL. :*kaboom*: :*violent2*:
mine to...
Are you parked yet? - Page 2 Img_0011

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 pm

I like that look Rick, let's paint it!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:21 pm

WELL I'VE BEEN SAYIN IT FOR AT LEAST A YEAR NOW.....GM HAS BEEN MAKIN SOME SH@#$Y PRODUCTS OVER THE PAST TEN OR SO YEARS. YESTURDAY THE TRANNY IN THE MONTE-CARLO SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN A TOTAL DUMP.....SUDDEN LOSS OF ALL FLUID THAT IS. AT LEAST I'VE GOT MY MUSTANG....
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:44 am

What are the best way to drive it in the snow without getting stuck. This is my 1st rearwheel drive car.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:13 am

D wrote:What are the best way to drive it in the snow without getting stuck. This is my 1st rearwheel drive car.

1) Practice

2) Easy (as in "take it easy"), anticipate (that light ahead is going to go red, start slowing down now)

3) Turn off that damn "traction control" below 30 mph. All it's going to do is keep you from moving. (I have gone through 6 inches of snow, but only with TC off. Don't over rev, eassssyyyyy).

4) Excellent all-season radials (see tirerack.com for customer evaluations, compare the numbers), or dedicated snowtires (tirerack again). I run Pirelli PZero Nero M&S because they were the best available locally with very good summer traction too (at the size I needed, some better tires are available, but not in these huge sizes that Cobra's require). Haven't been stuck in 3 winters (knock on wood).

5) Practice (no, this is not a mistake. Wink ).
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:08 am

+1 on the tires this is one things people just don't think about but one of the most importatnt when it comes to getting thru snow. I have Pirelli on my winter car and love them.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:44 pm

definitely get either a good mud and snow or dedicated snow tires, also i put about 200Lbs of sand bags in the trunk.... Also Plan way ahead, although i have yet to get stuck it takes forever to stop so you need to start slowing down early...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:28 pm

I've been parked so long I don't even remember where I parked it!
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by loosenut41983 Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:37 pm

I work at a firestone in lansing, and i have seen a lot of rear wheel drive cars, especially mustangs, that come in and get bridgestone bizzaks on. and they love them. then after winter is over, we swap over to their summer tiresa and save their winter tires for the next winter season. depending on how much you drive, you could get three winter seasons out of them! :*drive*:
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Number of posts : 174
Humor : a ford contour being pulled over by 7 pedal bike cops..... priceless!!!
My Name: : Scott
My Ride/Rides: : 00' Blue Ford Mustang V6
Mods: : magnaflow dual exhaust, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, smoked headlights, infinity speakers, blue instrument gauges, smoked fog lights, mach 1 chin spoiler, bbk 65mm throttle body, bbk cold air induction, bbk shorty headers, shelby razor 17x9 wheels with bridgestone potenza re-01r, 7.5 posi-lok diff with 4.10 gears, aluminum girdle diff cover, bama custom tuner, sequential turn signals, mach 1 grille delete kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 pm

wingedone wrote:
D wrote:What are the best way to drive it in the snow without getting stuck. This is my 1st rearwheel drive car.

3) Turn off that damn "traction control" below 30 mph. All it's going to do is keep you from moving. (I have gone through 6 inches of snow, but only with TC off. Don't over rev, eassssyyyyy).

X2 on the traction control, the last 2 winters I only used the TC when I at speed on the HWY. It lets you know the moment when the tires break loose (that light will come on at the smallest slip). TC on city streets is terrible. But most of all D, you have to slow down to speed up. Just slow down, you'll get where your going faster than those people in the ditch who didn't slow down.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks for all of the info. it will help me out so when the snow get here i will know what to do.

So how does the traction control work. how long can i keep it on for or how fast do i have to go before i have to turn it off.

last year when it was snowing i got stuck acouple of time. but it was not bad. And after the snow went away. i was like dang i should of push that button. but i did not know how long i could drive with it on or if it was just if i get stuck to push it and when i am free from it then turn it off.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:08 am

D wrote:So how does the traction control work. how long can i keep it on for or how fast do i have to go before i have to turn it off.
Traction control consists of all the components of the ABS system, plus a powertrain control module (PCM) and a traction control ON/OFF switch. Here's how it works:
When traction control is turned on, the PCM monitors the speed sensors at the wheels and at the transmission and compares rear wheel speed to the car’s road speed. If the rear wheel speed exceeds road speed (loss of traction) the PCM slows the rear wheels until they regain grip. It does that either by applying ABS braking to the rear wheels to slow them down, or by sending less fuel to the engine, which has the same effect. Like wingedone said, I wouldn't use it under 30-35 mph. That's totally up to you though, it all depends how comfortable you are with driving in snow/ice. The less the experience, the more you may want to leave it on.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:19 pm

I would add that you should take it to a parking lot with snow/ice on it. Stop and try to move with TC on. Then without it on. You will see why you may not want it on at low speeds. It will get you stuck as it will not allow the wheels to spin.

Where as you could just easily mosey through some deeper snow with it off, by applying light easy throttle. With it on, you will get stuck.

An example that just happened to me. I had to stop on a upcline to wave my parking pass. Forgot to turn off TC and it was icy. Stuck city.

Let off the engine, clicked the button and went right up the incline.

Gad I hate that TC. However, for higher speeds, leave it on for a little extra security.

This is why you need to go someplace and try it out, where you won't wrap yourself around a tree. Get the feel of it.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 pm

loosenut41983 wrote:I work at a firestone in lansing, and i have seen a lot of rear wheel drive cars, especially mustangs, that come in and get bridgestone bizzaks on. and they love them. then after winter is over, we swap over to their summer tiresa and save their winter tires for the next winter season. depending on how much you drive, you could get three winter seasons out of them! :*drive*:

I have heard alot of good things about those tires. If I had a spare set of rims and room to store them, I would get a set too.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by D Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:03 pm

thanks for the info. this will help me out alot.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum