WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Careful of Murphy USA Gas

4 posters

Go down

Be Careful of Murphy USA Gas Empty Be Careful of Murphy USA Gas

Post by Eagle2000GT Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:58 pm

The Murphy USA station in Shelbyville, Indiana has all of their pumps, whether 87, 89, or 93 set to the same price. I noticed this when I filled my tank last Monday. The attendant said they were selling 87 octane gas through the 93 octane pump. I sternly questioned this because I thought I had just filled my tank with 87 gas. (I'm running a stock block with a ProCharger P-1SC and it doesn't like 87 octane gas.) The attendant told me it was mixed gas. (Wow. Thanks for the mixed gas and the burnt piston.) She finally called the district manager. The district manager told me they were selling 93 octane gas at the 87 price because they might have to fill the tank with 87 later... because of the hurricane. *** Does that sound like BS to you? Why would they sell 93 at the 87 price they MIGHT put 87 in the tank later?*** She assured me that the tank still contained 93 octane gas. They later put up a sign that said all tanks were 87 octane.

I didn't trust this so I babied the car until I could get rid of any bad gas. (If you stay out of boost and you don't load down the motor, I've been told you can run 87 through a centrifigual supercharger.) I sweated blood until it was gone. I stopped by Murphy USA this morning to get gas for my wife's Highlander. They are still selling all blends at the same price (87 octane). There is no sign saying it is 87 octane gas. I asked the attendand (she happened to be the same one I talked to before.) She said for the meantime it was 93 gas but they are still planning on putting 87 in the tanks. (I will make no further comment, but you may choose to believe that as you will. ***93 gas for 87 price cause they might do something later.***)

I really don't know if they've been honest with me or not. If you have a car that requires 93 octane gas, please make sure you know what you are buying.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 86
My Name: : Tom
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang GT
12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Be Careful of Murphy USA Gas Empty Re: Be Careful of Murphy USA Gas

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:05 pm

lawsuit! i say blow your motor on a dyno (if they gave you 87)... get the dyno sheet and sue them for a forged block :*gripe*:
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:04 pm

thatd be a very difficult lawsuit unless you had proof of purchase, a chemist analyize the hydrocarbon content in the tank, hire one hell of an attorney to prove the failure of your motor was because of bad gas they sold you. Nonetheless by the time they filed for a few continuances and appeals youd be looking at a couple years time before getting your money.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 am

stanglover2358 wrote:thatd be a very difficult lawsuit unless you had proof of purchase, a chemist analyize the hydrocarbon content in the tank, hire one hell of an attorney to prove the failure of your motor was because of bad gas they sold you. Nonetheless by the time they filed for a few continuances and appeals youd be looking at a couple years time before getting your money.

Exactly.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down