WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23

5 posters

Go down

Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23 Empty Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23

Post by BraMas Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:13 am

What do you guys think about getting spots at one of the show for this event? I think the Centerpointe Mall location looks like a great spot
http://www.28thstreetmetrocruise.com/v4/DisplayAreas. Just my .02
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23 Empty Re: Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23

Post by Black On Black Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:32 pm

Cool Hey Guys and Gals we need to know who is planning on going to this cruise? It can be a one day or two day cruise. No fees to park if we don't reserve in advance. Organizers are expecting over 15,000 cars for the two day event. If we want to reserve parking it is 10.00 for Saturday. I hope to stay in the area Friday night.
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23 Empty Re: Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23

Post by Shady Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:05 pm

i am down for saturday i don't know what my work schedule is gonna be for friday

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:53 pm

I'll most likely be there two days. CenterPointe Mall is a good spot, I'll be up there on Wednesday to scope things out. The spot at GR Brewery was cool, but the other area of the parking lot will have more action. Here's the gang:
Past Event: 28th ST. Metro Cruise on Aug. 22 & 23 104
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:35 pm

OK, I got 3 rooms (2 bed each) at the Baymont Suites in GR for $59 each on Friday night. Does anyone want to join us for the 2 days? We will have to do the test and tune on a different date though. I'm game for having a good time here. We just now have to lock in the place to park on Saturday. I like the idea of being in the middle of things at Centerpointe mall, were gonna need some more cars to show up for this!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 am

I will be there
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 am

I'll make some calls to get more info on the show parking at CenterPointe. Tim, I believe you checked this out too. Did you get any other info? I'll also call on a couple of other options too. Everyone, give me some feedback please!
Here's more info on the reserved parking;
Yes. On a first-paid-first-reserved basis, a few of you may reserve some parking spots.

* Responding to requests from prior events, the organizing committee will have a very limited number of reserved parking spaces available at Rogers Plaza and at Centerpoint Mall as a service to some Metro Cruisers®.
* The spaces are $10 each and must be reserved in groups of 10 spaces or more.
* No more than 25 spaces will be reserved to any one person or group.

* Refunds of these fees are not allowed after Saturday, August 16.
* Re-renting these reserved spaces to anyone else for more than $10 per space is prohibited.
* There are areas at each mall that need to be set aside for traffic lanes, event displays, customer parking, employee parking and public safety vehicles.
* There will only be about 140 total reserved spaces available at Rogers Plaza and a similar number at Centerpoint Mall.
o That is less than 8% of the total parking spaces at Rogers Plaza and less than 3% of the total spaces at Centerpoint Mall.
+ (Rogers Plaza has about 1,800 spaces total and Centerpoint Mall has about 3,500 total.)
o The rest of the parking spaces at these locations are open and are free of charge.
o Many other locations are available all along 28th Street, if it is OK with the property owner for you to park there.
* Reservations will be made on a first-paid/first-reserved basis.
o When they are gone, they are gone.
o Just over half are reserved already.
* The Committee will have volunteer Event Crew cordon off your reserved area and save the spaces for you until 9:00 AM Saturday morning (Aug 23).
* You or your representative must show up with your car and your Reserved Parking Credential prior to 9:00 AM.
o It will be up to you to save any of your remaining spaces after 9:00 AM.
o At 9:00 AM, the Event Crew will abandon the area and the spaces will become available for free "Stampede Parking" and your reserved parking fees will be forfeit.

We're gonna need at least 10 cars for this parking Wildhorses. I'd like to get more!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:36 am

I have to work bye
it sucks I am not happy about it
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:45 pm

where is this at??? I might be in!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:00 am

Grand Rapids on 28th street
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 am

Cant make it than... too far!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Too far? It's only 45 min. west of you! I'd understand though, you working again yet?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 pm

No... im starting to get my disability payments though... an I live in Spring Arbor now... south of Jackson!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Come on everyone, this is a great cruise to attend and it is only a short distance away in Grand Rapids, MI! Who else wants to go? I know there are some Newbies out there who need to join us if you can!
I know Randy, Sandy, MJ, and I are planning to stay up there on Friday night and there still is another room available if anyone wants it (or I'll have to cancel that one). What I want to do is get everyone up there to meet at The Grand Rapids Brewing Co. on 28th st bright and early at 9:00am on Saturday so we can enjoy as much of the festivities that are scheduled. There will be shuttle buses to take everyone around the 15 mile stretch most of the day so we don't have to drive all over. We can park the cars together and have a good time. There is also a swap meet that starts early on Saturday that I know some of us would like to attend (more go-fast parts!). Any more takers? If anyone wants to come up later that wouldn't be and issue, but you may not be able to park with the group otherwise.
Here's last year's pics:
https://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/Danstang/28th%20street/?start=all
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 am

We had a GREAT time this weekend! The cruise was sweet and we really turned that parking lot into a mini Mustang car show. Then the go cart racing afterwards was a blast (did anyone see who had the fastest time Twisted Evil ----yeah you know who!). Thanks to everyone who made it out to the cruise, we'll work hard to do it again next year!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down