WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PATS key question

+2
scstanger
The Hankster
6 posters

Go down

PATS key question Empty PATS key question

Post by The Hankster Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 am

Hi. First day on the site. Saw some of the cars at Big lots Saturday. Thanks for leaving the card on my windshield. Didn't get to talk to many of you. My five year old Grandson was good as gold but when it was time for him to go It was time! (LOL) My question is, Irmo Lock Company will dupe my '04 key for $85.00. MUCH less than the Ford Dealers want. Anybody know a cheaper place? I just bought the car on Saturday and there is no budget for extras for a couple of months. I have two fobs but only one key. I would feel better with a backup. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.
The Hankster
The Hankster

Male Number of posts : 6
My Ride/Rides: : Silver... 2004 Coupe... five speed ... V6
Mods: : 18" wheels, shorty headers, X-pipe, cat delete, Pypes M-80 mufflers, cold air intake, in dash DVD. Oh, and a booster seat for the car's biggest fan... my 5 year old grandson. So far, just like I bought it. A work-in-progress.

Back to top Go down

PATS key question Empty Re: PATS key question

Post by scstanger Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm

If you just want to get in the car then any key cutting will work. If you want it to start the vehicle I would recommend going to Ford simply because you get a Ford key and I'm anal about things like that. Welcome to the club!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Dreamin Mon May 14, 2012 9:28 pm

The Hankster wrote:Hi. First day on the site. Saw some of the cars at Big lots Saturday. Thanks for leaving the card on my windshield. Didn't get to talk to many of you. My five year old Grandson was good as gold but when it was time for him to go It was time! (LOL) My question is, Irmo Lock Company will dupe my '04 key for $85.00. MUCH less than the Ford Dealers want. Anybody know a cheaper place? I just bought the car on Saturday and there is no budget for extras for a couple of months. I have two fobs but only one key. I would feel better with a backup. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Hi, I am the girl that talked to you at the car show saturday. I am glad you found the card. I tried to leave it as high on the windshield wipers as possible so you could see it. Welcome to the club they are a fun group of people. About your key we had a spare key that came with one of our other vehicles and I could tell it was aftermarket. Sometimes it won't turn the car on, and when I try to take the key out, it sticks and don't want to come out. So if you get an aftermarket key, make sure to get a warranty with it.
Thunder Dreamin
Thunder Dreamin
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Female Number of posts : 13
My Name: : Thunder Dreamin
My Ride/Rides: : 03 Gray Mustang Gt
Mods: : Flowmasters, two catalitic convertors removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangmallory Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 am

I recommend Triangle Lock & Key on 378 in West Columbia. They are gonna be about the same, maybe a little cheaper, not sure, but their customer service is #1. The dealership charges so high because they are foolish enough to think that they are the only ones that can do digital encoding when only one other key is available. I wish we had a Ford dealership around here that actually had some enthusiasm towards the mustang community.
mustangmallory
mustangmallory

Male Number of posts : 246
Humor : I find humor in everything!
My Name: : Ridge
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Mustang GT
Mods: : Mallory is more about looks than speed right now. I'm trying to keep it clean and classy, while bringing out the natural aggression of our beloved stangs.

CDC Aggressive chin spoiler
Golden Eye 6k HID headlights and foglights
Shelby Cobra Super Snake stripe
20% Windown film from Palmetto Pro Tint
H&R Super Sport lowering springs
KMC Nova series wheels with Nitto NT550 tires (staggered fit)
OEM 1966 "GT" fender badges...yes they are over 50 years old
UPR Products Pistol grip shifter
Dash has been blacked out
Pioneer f700 headunit
Roush hood scoop
Saleen headlight splitters
Clear front corner marker lights
Cherry Bomb mufflers

https://www.facebook.com/david.ridgill

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

^^ thanks for the info man i though ford was the only one if you didnt have both factory keys
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by my2005stanggt Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Hankster,
Glad you made it to the web page. We welcome you to join us at all our scheduled events. Keep up on our events and join us on out FB pages as well.

TerryG
my2005stanggt
my2005stanggt
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hankster Fri May 18, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks guys. I ended up with Irmo Lock Company. I have been dealing with them for my house locks for years. They charge $85 for a transponder key if you only have one key. Takes about 25 minutes and they guarantee the key.
The Hankster
The Hankster

Male Number of posts : 6
My Ride/Rides: : Silver... 2004 Coupe... five speed ... V6
Mods: : 18" wheels, shorty headers, X-pipe, cat delete, Pypes M-80 mufflers, cold air intake, in dash DVD. Oh, and a booster seat for the car's biggest fan... my 5 year old grandson. So far, just like I bought it. A work-in-progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Dreamin Sat May 19, 2012 12:02 am

Hi,
Glad that worked out for you. I made need them to remake a key for me for my other car. Thanks that's a lot better price and with warranty, that is great.
Thunder Dreamin
Thunder Dreamin
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Female Number of posts : 13
My Name: : Thunder Dreamin
My Ride/Rides: : 03 Gray Mustang Gt
Mods: : Flowmasters, two catalitic convertors removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down