WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s New For The 2012 Mustang

4 posters

Go down

What’s New For The 2012 Mustang Empty What’s New For The 2012 Mustang

Post by Danstang Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:19 pm

It’s that magical time of year when the dealer order guides come out, revealing what is new for the coming model year. For 2012, the Mustang is in large part a carry over from 2011 as far as major styling and mechanical goes. The Mustang just got a bid redesign in 2010 and all new engines for 2011 so big changes were not expected for 2012.

But don’t click away just yet because there is still some pretty big news for the 2012 Mustang. The new 2012 BOSS 302 has been revealed which will be priced at around $41,000 – just between the 2012 Mustang GT and 2012 Shelby GT-500. The Laguna Seca edition BOSS 302 will be more upwards of $50,000 MSRP but you won’t likely get one for that price as they will be allocated by a lottery system.

Two new colors have been added for 2012, Lava Red Metallic and Competition Orange. The latter will be a BOSS 302 only color. Sterling Gray goes away, making the complete color palette to include: Grabber Blue, Kona Blue, Candy Red Metallic, Red Lava Metallic, Race Red, Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat, Black, Performance White and Ingot Silver.

The Lava Red Metallic color also gets an available color matched interior with Lava Red and Charcoal leather. That ought to be a sweet combination. That new interior color will also be available with black and white. The gray or “Stone” interior will get charcoal colored door trim, headliner, sill plates, A-pillars and rear package tray trims. This will effectively give the gray interior a two toned look.

The interior also gets a pretty big new option of Recaro Leather Sport Seats. A bargain at $1595, the Recaro seating option adds a major name brand of comfort and quality to the Mustang. The Recaros are paired with a Torsen limited slip differential with 3.73 gears can be had on the Shelby GT-500 and the BOSS 302.

The electric power assisted steering also gets some enhancements with user selectable modes of comfort, normal, and sport. The variable assist settings allow the driver to set the feel of the steering assist for their own tastes. It’s a great world isn’t it?

Other little changes include sun visors with multi-purpose storage and illuminated vanity mirrors and a universal garage door opener. Now a reverse sensing system is available as an option with a new security package.

Full details on new standard and optional equipment can be seen in the Ford Order Guides

Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

What’s New For The 2012 Mustang Empty Re: What’s New For The 2012 Mustang

Post by FRCE_FED Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:33 pm

If this house sells and i get the out of the hole as far as my wallet goes im totally down for one! thanks again for the info dan
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Does that mean the V6 is going to go David? I looked at a 2009 Shelby GT500 at a used lot yesterday, they were asking $39000 for it. It had only 4000 miles on it white with blue stripes. It looked very nice and I am sure 35000 would have taken it home but then again it is $35000.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:15 am

lol have too much money on the turbo'd v6 but my daily driven v6 will get traded in yes "its in the back of my sig below"
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

By the way Car and Driver just picked the top 10 cars of 2011: They picked the 2011 GT Mustang as one of the top 10 and they flat out say it is the best Mustang ever made!

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Frank Riley wrote:By the way Car and Driver just picked the top 10 cars of 2011: They picked the 2011 GT Mustang as one of the top 10 and they flat out say it is the best Mustang ever made!

What is funny is that Car and Driver seems to favor GM over Ford. They did a comparison between the Mustang and Camaro, and said that the Camaro was faster in the 1/4 mile, and yet admitted that the Mustang had a better power to weight ratio.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:44 pm

I think that was the 2010. The 2011 GT is faster! No Camero is on the list.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

In fact they say because of cost that the GT500 did not make it on the list and that the V6 just was not enough car, the GT was perfect. The only GM Muscle was the Caddy High Performance model.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:53 pm

No it was the 2011 GT that they didi the comparison with. It's been a couple of months but I'm sure I can still find it around the house some where. That is unless my son got to it, he really lives Mustangs. Smile
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:16 am

I had the article and I think they were comparing the 300 plus GT against the nearly 400 horse Camero. If there was a comparison between the new models both being at 400 HP I would like to see the results on it because that would be a close race, I am sure the Mustang would handle better over all. On the track (with circles and turns) I am sure the Mustang would fair better. Regardless they did not pick the Camero as a top 10 car. In all fairness, I think the Camero is a pretty cool car and the look is amazing. We also need to remember that as Mustang fans we need the other pony cars around. With out others to go against what would be the purpose of being on one side. The Pony Car wars makes it a lot of fun.

In fact there is this club in Sacramento called Camero Generations and they are a bunch of late model Cameros and I am going to their Muscle Car Shows, when I do get a group together one of my ideas was to have a car show were the Pony Cars are invited and lined up in lines facing against each other perhaps by years that way we can honor the Pony War and have a lot of fun taking with each other. To be honest I would love to learn about their cars as well.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down