WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor.

3 posters

Go down

Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor. Empty Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor.

Post by bkm48198 Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm

After getting the body work and paint on my 1990 Mustang GT completed about 2 months ago, and a new trans put in it, the motor blew up on me last weekend, I need a 5.0 long or short block to get it back on the road quickly, I'm not looking for anything great right now just something that runs, my 5.0 didn't smoke and was running good ( a bit hotter than usual) and wasn't making any noise but when I pulled out of a drive thru Saturday afternoon the timing chain cover exploded onto the ground, when I try to turn the crank only #1 moves, it was not good when I popped the hood and could see the broken timing chain hanging out the front of the motor. Over the winter I'll get a good motor put together but for now I just need it to move under it's own power. [img]Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor. Stangparts006[/img]

bkm48198

Male Number of posts : 8
My Name: : Bruce
My Ride/Rides: : 1990 Mustang GT
Mods: : 3.73 gears, 65mmTB & Spacer, port matched upper & lower intake bored out to 65mm,

Back to top Go down

Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor. Empty Re: Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor.

Post by BraMas Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 am

Put a little jb weld on it and put it back together Smile
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor. Empty Re: Motor needed, anyone have a 5.0 for sale? Around AnnArbor.

Post by bkm48198 Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 pm

You think JB will hold at 4000RPM? LOL

bkm48198

Mods: : 3.73 gears, 65mmTB & Spacer, port matched upper & lower intake bored out to 65mm,

Back to top Go down

Post by wiz_of_wuz Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 am

Are the new 5.0 and the old 5.0 blocks interchangeable?
wiz_of_wuz
wiz_of_wuz
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by bkm48198 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

The 87-92 had forged pistons while the newer 5.0 blocks have the hyper ( cast) pistons but other than that they are the same, so a 5.0 out of a 2000 Explorer would work in a Mustang, the Explorers have a better intake and heads so a lot of people swap those onto the older blocks. The NEW Coyote block is NOT the same as the older 5.0's.

bkm48198

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 am

wiz_of_wuz wrote:Are the new 5.0 and the old 5.0 blocks interchangeable?
Are you talking about a 5.0 Coyote? Is so no those engines are still Modular Based so no they are not interchangeable
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down