WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC Chapter adopts a highway!

+4
Eturner
FRCE_FED
Danstang
scstanger
8 posters

Go down

SC Chapter adopts a highway! Empty SC Chapter adopts a highway!

Post by scstanger Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 am

I'm sure that in most states there are programs to keep the roadways clean of litter and in SC it's "Keep the Carolina's Beautiful". The program askes groups to adopt a 2 mile section of road for 2 years and do 4 cleanings per year. The SC Chapter of Wildhorses Mustang club is officially adopting a highway! We feel this is another great way to give back to our communities by helping to keep them clean. We will also have our name posted on a sign in the section that we keep clean letting everyone know who takes care of that stretch of asphalt. I'm very proud of our group and wanted to pass this on to all other chapters in hopes that this may be something that we do in all states. Way to go SC!!! approve
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

SC Chapter adopts a highway! Empty Re: SC Chapter adopts a highway!

Post by Danstang Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Thats awesome Richard! Great way to give back to the community.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 pm

sounds great!!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm

We should do this too Dan.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by 86GTBludger Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Sounds like a great way to get the Wildhorses name out approve
86GTBludger
86GTBludger
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 20
Humor : Always remember you're unique - just like everyone else!
My Name: : Chris
My Ride/Rides: : 1986 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback.
Mods: : Restoration work mostly, ideas keep getting thrown into the brewing pot! scratching for 350-400hp

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1307463424

Back to top Go down

Post by RidethePony Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:13 pm

That is an excellent idea.
RidethePony
RidethePony
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Female Number of posts : 319
Humor : I did not escape, I have a day pass!!
My Name: : Tina
My Ride/Rides: : 2010 Mustang GT Black , 2006 Expedition Gray
Mods: : Owning a mustang is hazardous to your warranty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 am

We, as a group, are very proud of this and are anxious to get started. I'll post more updates as they come.

The SC Wildhorses have also been invited to participate in the West Columbia Parade of Lights. It is a Chirstmas parade that starts in the early evening and we would have to decorate our cars with lights as no headlights can be used. Not sure if we're going to do this one or not since a lot of the guys, myself included, don't really want little lights scratching up our cars. Who knows though, if there is enough participation I'll do it!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm

just buy led's in bulk lol, they come in strips and you could use some double sided tape to stick it on papasmurf

SC Chapter adopts a highway! Xfls_default
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 am

Yeah that sounds about as unappealing as the alternative! I don't know which is worse, little scratching lights or double sided tape!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 am

scstanger wrote:Yeah that sounds about as unappealing as the alternative! I don't know which is worse, little scratching lights or double sided tape!!
.............then maybe try the 3M Command double sided tape. It pulls off using the attached pull tab very easily. I've used it on glass, painted drywall, painted metal surfaces, etc. at work without ever a problem.

Click here for info-------->3M Command tapes
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Will do Dan. We'll figure something out, it's a pretty big honor to be asked to participate so we'll do what we have to in order to make it work!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 am

or mount stuff in or outside on the glass? great stuff goin on out in SC keep it up
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 am

We found out yesterday that the VP, Ridge, is going to be able to go to the safety training session for us and we'll be able to participate in the Nov. 5 clean up. Great news!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:31 pm

approve
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by my2005stanggt Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:44 am

Can't wait to get down there and not only see the sign, but to set up a walk of the stretch with a car gathering at the end to celebrate the clean day.
my2005stanggt
my2005stanggt
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:21 am

Here we are cleaning our community! Mineral Springs Rd is now a cleaner place thanks to the Wildhorses Mustang Club!
SC Chapter adopts a highway! Adoptahighway

The turnout wasn't great but the feeling of helping was. I can barely move today from bending over and picking up trash for two hours but that's ok! We filled 19 trash bags with litter, it is truly amazing what people throw out of their cars. Nice job Wildhorses, the next clean up is in February!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 pm

congrats guys! keep up the great work
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Nice! Keep America clean. Cool

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down